I had the amazing opportunity to enhance my skills through the Artpreneur Online Program. The program provided comprehensive guidance from the beginning and taught me how to not only learn a new art/skill, but also how to master any art style independently in the future. This has made me even more confident as a freelance artist.
Here are 8 points I learned during the program to improve my work on a daily basis as an independent artist:
1. Study your craft: Explore various artists on different platforms, study their art styles, watch online tutorials for various finishing styles, and examine each work carefully. Also, read books to expand your knowledge.
2. Practice regularly: Allocate time each day or week to work on your art, even if it's only for a few hours.
3. Seek feedback: Request constructive criticism from other artists or professionals in your field to help identify areas for improvement.
4. Experiment with new techniques: Experiment with new mediums, styles, or techniques to broaden your creative horizons and discover what works best for you.
5. Collaborate with other artists: Working with other artists can help you learn new techniques, increase your network, and generate new opportunities.
6. Stay updated with industry trends: Follow blogs, forums, and social media accounts related to your field to stay current with industry trends and best practices.
7. Build a portfolio: Assemble a portfolio of your best work to showcase to potential clients and demonstrate your skills and style.
8. Set attainable goals: Create a list of short-term and long-term goals for your art and work towards them consistently.
I have been working on these tips slowly and steadily, one day at a time. I hope these tips are helpful for you as a freelance artist as well.